I meant to do this on Sunday but... well, I don't really know what happened. :) But anyhow, here it is!
Last week's plan:
- write 12,000 words of Gemstone, 10 hours of work time
- edit Eaglet, 5 hours
- work on covers/back cover blurbs for Eaglet
- run my 5 km race well
- practice my drums daily
Results from last week:
- 11,191 words of Gemstone, about 9 hours of work time (I got distracted by a laptop that wasn't working the way I expected any more)
- Eaglet got its 5 hours and will be done this week
- I have two sets of covers (you can see them at my Facebook page) and two partial blurbs for Eaglet
- I ACED the race! I did it exactly as I planned and it turned out to be only 20 seconds off my best time even though I wasn't trying to be fast. I felt so good after!
- I missed one day of drumming but am otherwise making progress
Overall, a good week. I don't like when I get distracted by technology but the laptop is back to normal and I think this coming week will be better!
Plans for this week:
- I don't particularly like (it turns out) setting a word count goal for first draft work. There are just too many ways I can not reach it during a particular work session. Therefore, this week's plan is 10 hours of gemstone.
- I will finish Eaglet's final polish and begin working on formatting its text for release.
- I will at least narrow the cover choices down to two or three and I hope to actually pick one. :)
- drum daily - the first rehearsal for Fame is Sunday and I want to have a solid clue of what I'm playing!
For anyone doing NaNoWriMo, good luck! I'm not officially doing it because I'm mid-book and like where I am, but I am going to finish this novel in November and I still need around 40-45,000 words, so I'll be close. :)
Have a great week!